Tuminaro Pharmacy’s mission is to educate our customers on Medicare and its options. Below is general information and guidelines for each form of coverage. For additional information please email Anthony Yacabucci or call toll-free 800.580.2133.
Medicare Advantage Plans
Medicare Advantage Plans help pay for hospital costs, doctor’s visits, and other medical services. May also include built-in Medicare prescription drug coverage (Part D) often at no additional premium. Have an out-of-pocket maximum that helps limit health care expenses. Typically provide additional benefits, like health and wellness benefits, that Original Medicare doesn’t cover. Have plan premiums not based on age or health (except for End Stage Renal Disease). Combine all benefits and services in one plan.
Come in several different forms:
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs)
- Point of Service (POS)
- Private Fee-For-Service (PFFS)
Medicare Supplement Plans
A Medicare Supplement plan (also known as “Medigap”) provides additional coverage beyond Original Medicare.
Here are the main features these plans offer:
- Help reduce or eliminate money paid out of pocket for care received (deductibles, co-pays, and coinsurance).
Medicare part D Description
Medicare Part D Plans help cover the cost of your client’s prescription drugs.
Here are some of the main features of a Part D plan:
- Provide help with the cost of prescription medications
- Are only offered through private insurance companies
- Are usually offered two ways:
- As a standalone plan to add coverage to Original Medicare Parts A and B and to complement a Medicare Supplement plan
- As part of a Medicare Advantage (Part C) Plan