Compounding has existed since the beginning of Pharmacy. At its most basic level, Compounding is the art of taking active ingredient and combining it with a delivery vehicle in a way that is tailored to an individual patient. Sometimes this involves taking a commercially available product and adjusting the potency or making it liquid.
Other times it involves making a product that is not commercially available from raw ingredients and active ingredients. Compounders can help in a variety of pharmacological therapies including treating hormonal imbalances through Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy and managing pain through custom topical/transdermal medications.
We perform non-sterile compounding mixtures. We have performed compounding for children’s medications, pet medications, and compounds for wound care. When necessary, please contact us at Ron’s Pharmacy and we can advise you if we can compound your medication or not and also have it covered on your insurance plan.
SOME OF OUR MORE COMMON COMPOUNDS
BIO-IDENTICAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
- Slow Release Capsules
- Transdermal / Topical Creams
- Transdermals / Topical creams
THYROID SLOW RELEASE FORMULATIONS
- T3 and T4
- T3/T4 Combinations
SOLUTIONS / SUSPENSIONS (PRODUCTS NOT AVAILABLE COMMERCIALLY)
- Prilosec (Omeprazole)
- Tablets or Capsules formulated into liquid formulations
- Products without dyes and preservatives
- Products with specific patient flavoring
- Potassium Bromide
- Any product with a patient specific milligram dosage
- Tablets or capsules formulated into liquid formulations with fish, chicken, or beef flavor
- Topicals / Transdermals
- Methimazole (Hyperthyroidism)
- Atenolol (Cardiomyopathy)
- Benazapril, Amolodipine, etc.